By Stephen G. Post,Lynn G. Underwood,Jeffrey P. Schloss,William B. Hurlbut
Read Online or Download Altruism and Altruistic Love: Science, Philosophy, and Religion in Dialogue PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
Within the delusion of Morality, Richard Joyce argues that ethical discourse is hopelessly unsuitable. on the center of standard ethical decisions is a inspiration of ethical inescapability, or useful authority, which, upon research, can't be quite defended. Joyce argues that ordinary choice is in charge, in that it has supplied us with an inclination to take a position the area with values that it doesn't include, and calls for that it doesn't make.
During this up-to-date variation, writer Joseph Keysor addresses the turning out to be pattern between secularists to label Hitler as a Christian and accordingly characteristic the atrocities of the second one international conflict to the Christian faith. Keysor doesn't accept easily contrasting the Nazis' habit with the Biblical list.
Philosophers within the Age of ReasonThis booklet is a statement of appreciate and admiration for the philosophers who had the braveness to publicly use their cause within the carrier of fact. Threatened and attacked of their time, they're at the present time overlooked or ridiculed via those that worry or desire to suppress the truths of human life.
How do mainstream movie, tv, ads, videogames and newspapers have interaction with subject matters corresponding to vivisection, searching, animal functionality, farming, meat consuming and animal keep an eye on? This ebook explores social, financial, moral and cultural elements of relationships among renowned media types and key animal matters.
- La dignité humaine : Sous le regard d'Etty Hillesum et de Sigmund Freud (French Edition)
- Does Anything Really Matter?: Essays on Parfit on Objectivity
- Can Ethics Provide Answers?: And Other Essays in Moral Philosophy (Studies in Social, Political, and Legal Philosophy)
- The God Haters: Angry Atheists, Shallow Scholars, Silly Scientists, Pagan Preachers and Embattled Evolutionists Declare War Against Christians
- The Human Relationship to Nature: The Limit of Reason, the Basis of Value, and the Crisis of Environmental Ethics
Additional info for Altruism and Altruistic Love: Science, Philosophy, and Religion in Dialogue
Altruism and Altruistic Love: Science, Philosophy, and Religion in Dialogue by Stephen G. Post,Lynn G. Underwood,Jeffrey P. Schloss,William B. Hurlbut